Monday, August 22, 2005

Travellers Tales: Puerto Vallerta

After countless days of wandering aimlessly through the jungle in the grip of the fever, we came upon an old stone fountain which our guide seemed to recognize. He stopped for a moment to get a drink of water and clear his mind of the fever-madness. How far were we from help of any kind, I wondered as I kneeled to get a drink of water myself.













Was it the fever or could I hear the falls whispering to me?
No, it was the fever.































Although hesistant at first, the locals were made curious by our visit.












They seemed friendly and appeared eager to hear stories from fellow travellers.












Alas, language differences prevented effective commu- nication, and we parted ways a with a knowing smile.




No comments: